Online Player Migration Will Accelerate
The explosive growth of mobile sports betting, the appetite for digitized fantasy sports, social gaming and iLotteries are leading indicators of online player migration. As online player migration continues, there is a real opportunity to drive digital gaming revenue. Players will continue to spend more time and money using cellular technology to integrate their online and offline gaming experiences with the casinos they enjoy.
The simple fact is this – pandemic-related self-quarantining and social distancing expedited online migration, but the underlying drivers were in place long before 2020.
Cellular Technology And Millennials Are Key Factors
Today changes in player behavior are based on the pervasive adaptation of cellular technology and the rise of the most economically powerful cohort in history – millennials.
More than 200 million Americans are connected to the internet with their smartphones and they spend more than 24 hours per week online.1,2 Add 73 million millennials (now between the ages of 25 and 40) spending $1.4 trillion3 this year, and this sets the stage for unprecedented change as America emerges from the pandemic.
To win the post-pandemic battles for gross gaming revenue, digital loyalty is the new frontier – where time sensitivity and virtual engagement are crucial to player acquisition and retention.
Identity Graphs Drive Digital Loyalty And Player Engagement
Today enlightened casino operators place a premium on timely player insight to guide their marketing decisions. In 2021 timely insight is based on a 360-view of the players’ interactions – before, during, and after they play. This view combines the transactional data found in the casino operating systems with online and offline information, demographics, and consumptive characteristics not available in native casino systems.
Essential player insights are provided by identity graphs. An identity graph is a third-party database containing all identifiers that correlate to an individual customer. This includes all the descriptive insights and touchpoints not available in a casinos’ transactional files. The graph’s data includes digital activity, demographics, and economic insights, geographic details like postal addresses and privacy safe encrypted email addresses, mobile address IDs, IP addresses, all (deterministically) linkable to the players’ transactional file.
Successful operators use identity graphs to activate new players, communicate across channels with existing players, and open new jurisdictions.
3 Applications For Casinos To Drive Digital Gaming Revenue
At Audience Acuity, we manage more than 100 use cases across a variety of industries. Brands like Sprint, Meredith, iHeart Media and Accenture use our data to improve marketing performance.
Engage players across channels and devices:
- Site Visitor Resolution to Drive Digital Gaming Revenue. Resolving unknown web traffic is one of the richest opportunities to attract new player audiences. Site visitor resolution combines an identity graph with a first-party image pixel and an integrated customer data platform to identify unauthenticated web traffic. The diagram below illustrates the process that begins with capturing anonymous digital identities. The next step is to map the anonymous digital data to a graph where the identities are resolved while the player files are enriched with descriptive data used for omnichannel marketing applications.
The application typically identifies 50-75% of unknown web traffic. Additionally, this audience performs 8-10 times more responsive when compared to blind retargeting.
- Enrich Offline Player Files to Drive Digital Gaming Revenue. The legacy information contained in player databases is manually collected, unfiltered, and not intended for contemporary omnichannel microtargeting. Fields such as email addresses, social handles, behavioral insights, and channel preferences are either manually collected, or unavailable in legacy systems. Enriching legacy player files with more than 500 current attributes enables sophisticated micro-targeting and increases response rates.
Effective omni-channel targeting can reduce marketing expenses by 25-30%.
- Player Cloning to Drive Digital Gaming Revenue. Acquire new players in new jurisdictions with player cloning. For example, we have modeled known sports players from legal jurisdictions to identify more than 32 million prospects in America. This audience includes over 500 attributes, postal addresses, opt-in email addresses, and mobile address IDs.
New Variables And Channels Drive Player Loyalty In The 21st Century
Mobile applications enabling off-property engagement, sports wagering, reservations, and social gaming are the new table stakes in player decision-making. Today crowd avoidance, time savings, and convenience are increasingly important to player loyalty.
Effectively integrating digital insight into omnichannel marketing programs means aligning innovation and operations with a deep understanding of human behavior. This insight is discoverable by integrating identity-related data into player marketing applications.
Audience Acuity’s Identity Graph
Audience Acuity’s Super Identity Graph is one of the largest commercially available consumer data assets in America. Our identity graph contains:
- 2 billion mobile address IDs
- hundreds of millions of email addresses
- 450+ attributes
- both online and offline all connected to 235 million Americans